Sunday, April 30, 2017

Idyllic Place

I love to write in my journal. I call my journal "Priyasakhi" because she is my dear friend who never judges me or criticizes me when I reveal my mind to her. Here is what I wrote to her today:


Dear Priyasakhi, thank you for being here for me. You are my friend because you listen to me when I need to be heard, and you comfort me when I need solace. Right now, my heart is beating in an irregular way almost as if it wants to jump out of my body. I wonder where it wants to go? Maybe to a place of idyllic, serene, peaceful beauty where a small stoney brook rushes through a fragrant forest populated by singing birds of different varieties. The ground is soft and dry enough to sit on comfortably. A soft, gentle breeze is blowing, soothing my heart. My heart is now happy to be in this calm place. I sit on the ground and write. Then I lie down on my stomach and feel the cool earth under my belly, healing my hernia. I roll over onto my back and watch the sky. Clouds float slowly by, sometimes fully visible before they disappear behind the leaves of the tall trees above me. I am happy and peaceful, surrounded by trees and water and innocent animals who go about their lives in their simple, humble ways. I am charmed and rejuvenated by this fragrant place and I feel the presence of my beloved Srila Prabhupada here as well as my beloved Lord Rama and Lord Nrsimhadeva.

No comments:

Post a Comment