Friday, July 31, 2026

Music Question

Dear Friends,

I feel pulled to write something today. I've been going through some unprecedented challenges in my life over the past year or so. It's been cathartic and also a period of learning. I have returned to the process of writing songs, which gives me great pleasure and purpose. I've submitted some of those songs to a company called 'Songer' who use AI to produce my songs. There are two reasons why I chose to use AI to produce my songs: (1) My singing voice is severely compromised due to past trauma, so I prefer to depend on others to sing on my behalf, and (2) My hands shake, so it is quite difficult now to play the piano and guitar, therefore, I prefer to rely on outside help to provide instrumentation. I have not yet made my songs public, but I'm hopeful of the prospects of establishing a relationship with a company called American Songwriter. They are running a contest to which I have submitted several songs. I feel that some of my songs are acceptable--maybe even good--and am looking forward to finding out if one or more of my songs can attract an audience. I have created my own genre 'Krishna Country' so that country songs submitted by myself and other devotees can have our own unique identity.

I also have a question for all of you. I recorded about forty songs (non-professionally, unplugged, at Bennet House Records and in my little makeshift bedroom studio) between 1996 and 2015 that I have posted on SoundCloud. I would like to re-record those songs, as the sound quality has seriously deteriorated over the years. What would you suggest I do with my songs? Should I submit them to Songer, even though I am unable to send them an audio file? Or should I seek out a producer who can actually keep my melodies and chord progressions as they are and add additional instrumentation for a fuller sound?

I would deeply appreciate any input. Wishing you all well and looking forward to any and all comments,

Phalini

No comments:

Post a Comment